Restorative Dentistry in Port Moody, BC
At Rocky Point Dental in Port Moody, BC, we strive to give you the healthiest and brightest smile possible. Our staff at Rocky Point Dental can help you achieve a healthy smile you’ll be showing off to everyone.
What restorative dentistry does
Restorative dentistry involves preventing, diagnosing, and treating various oral diseases and conditions that you might encounter. Whether your teeth are infected, chipped, stained, cracked, or missing, our restorative services help you heal and repair the damage, restoring your teeth back to proper function.
Any procedure that has the purpose of healing or treating a condition affecting your teeth is considered restorative. This includes treatments such as:
- Fillings: Fillings are used to restore a tooth’s strength, structure, and function after a cavity or other trauma occurs to your tooth. They’re available in various materials, including tooth colored composite resins
- Braces: Braces correct issues such as malalignments, overbites, underbites, and other malocclusions. We offer various types of braces, from traditional or clear braces to ceramic or lingual braces
- Dental implants: Dental implants are among the most effective and longest-lasting restorative dental solutions. They form a durable foundation that allows artificial teeth to remain rooted. Implants are surgical-grade titanium posts that act as artificial roots for your teeth. Implants are crucial when it comes to restoring essential functions that you perform with your mouth, such as chewing and speaking. This is because they keep your artificial teeth supported in the jawbone, which accepts the implants as if they were natural roots for your teeth
- Bridges: Dental bridges fill a gap left by a missing tooth by cementing a false tooth in its place, using the two adjacent teeth to help secure it
- Crowns: Dental crowns are also known as caps, and as the name implies, they’re a structure that’s secured over your existing tooth or implant to restore the shape, appearance, and function of the tooth. They’re most commonly used after extensive damage has been done to the tooth by a cavity, especially if it threatens the continued health of your mouth
- Root canals: A root canal is a procedure used to remove diseased or infected tissue from a tooth due to decay or serious infection. The procedure involves removing the damaged tissue, filling the cavity with a substance like gutta-percha, and then, after it has healed, securing a restorative device such as a crown over the tooth to restore function and integrity
These are just a few of the most common restorative treatments that we’re able to perform. If you need restorative dentistry services, trust your smile to the dental professionals at Rocky Point Dental.